4/30/20: Though we are not quite at liberty to share any details with you at this time, your NW Board had a great meeting on Monday, 4/27 evening and talked through our next steps. With the latest and greatest phased approach to reopening the state that was shared by our Governor, we are aligning to those guidelines and will be publishing another update soon. We remain excited and hopeful for the return of baseball.
3/31/20: Given the official edict by the Governor that was effective today, we are complying and will continue the halt of all league operations through April 30. Please know that the Board is meeting regularly to talk through everything including the impacts of the recently passed CARES Act and how it applies to NWCBA. We miss baseball and miss our families and teams! We will continue to monitor the situation and will share further updates on our status as things progress.
3/30/20: An update will be sent out tomorrow with important information reagarding the spring season.
3/16/20: Effective today, Monday, March 16, 2020, North Wake County Baseball Association will suspend all activities until Monday, March 30, 2020. This includes all practices and games for our entire organization - all Recreation and Travel baseball teams across all ages. Our Board of Directors will continue to monitor the situation and will communicate updates as conditions change and improve.
3/15/20: In light of the constant updates we are all seeing, our plans to meet as a Board tomorrow, 3/16/20. Monday morning enables us to make and communicate the best decision possible with the latest information. With no events scheduled today, we will work to get a message out so that our NW families can plan accordingly. Thank you for your patience!
3/12/20: We plan to continue to operate our league as normal as possible until further notice.
We want to arm our families with information on the Coronavirus and how to prepare
our Factory home so we can continue to play safely. If you are uncomfortable in
participating, please communicate with your head coach. We will provide up to date
information as it becomes available.
* Visit the Home Page for email communication that has been sent to all families for detailed information.
[ 5/16/20 ]
Hello NW Families! We are getting closer to summer baseball! Weekly discussions are continually taking place as we finalize and work through the NW Phase 2 Reopening Plan. Our hope is to reopen the season as soon as possible so that all our families can get back to baseball once we have been cleared by the state.
We know our families are missing baseball, especially our ballplayers. Getting outside and playing ball is more important than ever during these times. We want to make it possible which is why we're doing our very best to make it happen. We thank you for your continued support and patience!
Here are a few highlights of important information:
- We are targeting Monday, June 1 to get our Rec league started!
- We are scheduling a video meeting call with every coach the week of Memorial Day to go over everything, answer questions, and enable them to talk specifics with you. Date TBD.
- We are developing a comprehensive opening plan that will include several versions since we do not yet know the limits that are going to be rolled out when Phase 2 begins by the order of our state. May 22nd is the earliest projected date for NC Phase 2 reopening. This will allow us to react quickly and publish a plan that aligns within these guidelines and restrictions.
- To comply with the Phase 2 reopening effort, there will be hard and fast rules to ensure that we are keeping our players and families safe. These include things such as no sharing of equipment, no dugout usage (before we are able to play games), and more. Our plan structure may not look and feel like a "normal" baseball season at first, but we are working with what we have to give as we reopen throughout these stages.
- Games will be our priority when Phase 3 hits! Restrictions will be significantly lessened to allow games to resume.
- (slight chance we could resume games during Phase 2)
- A 4-week schedule will be in place as of June 1. We will be monitoring the guidance by the state to be ready to publish an updated schedule with games and practices.
- We are offering a second round of open registration for any players that want to join us! We know several leagues are fully cancelled and want to be able to provide a place for those players if desired.
- Our intention is to get the rest of our season in, starting where we left off. We will need to abide by the Phase 2 restrictions and guidelines, therefore practices will take place until Phase 3 begins when we can allow games to resume.
- Player safety is our number one priority and we will be making every effort to ensure it remains that way!
- Keep in mind, we will need to adjust our timeline based on the NC Phased Reopening Plan. We will not reopen unless we feel 100% confident that our ball players, coaches and families will remain safe and healthy as we relaunch our spring season. We are taking everything into account, all scenarios are being discussed and evaluated based on the information we have from our state leaders.
Expect the NW Phase 2 Reopening Plan to be emailed to you directly shortly after the Governor's Phase 2 plan directive which is expected next week. It will be a multi-page document with specific details and directives, including an FAQ sheet for commonly asked questions sent to us from our coaches and families.
NOTE: Travel Coaches: Expect a separate email to go out with your specific information for your teams and our tentative plan to restart on May 22nd.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kim Watson, our league admin for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NW Board of Directors
Hello NW families!
Though we are not quite at liberty to share any details with you at this time, your NW Board had a great meeting on Monday evening and talked through our next steps. With the latest and greatest phased approach to reopening the state that was shared by our Governor, we are aligning to those guidelines and will be publishing another update soon. We remain excited and hopeful for the return of baseball!
Be sure to visit our website for past emails related to COVID-19 and for ongoing communication in the weeks to come. We have created a new page for this important information for your convenience.
[ 3/31/20 ]
Hello NW Families!
It has been a LOOONG two weeks since we made our initial announcement. So many things have happened since then and we sincerely hope you have not been directly impacted by Covid-19.
Given the official edict by the Governor that was effective today, we are complying and will continue the halt of all league operations through April 30. Please know that the Board is meeting regularly to talk through everything including the impacts of the recently passed CARES Act and how it applies to NWCBA. We miss baseball and miss our families and teams! We will continue to monitor the situation and will share further updates on our status as things progress.
Additionally, we have not been providing much in the way of communications overall. Our League Admin has been tending to a death in the family (unrelated to Covid-19) and that has impacted the frequency of our content on the website and on Facebook. Going forward, we hope to provide you with some great at-home drills, motivational videos, and general baseball stuff to keep everyone engaged to the best of our ability.
Thank you for being patient during this unprecedented global event. We are looking forward to WHEN we can resume operations! There will be an end to this mess and can't wait to get back to the great game of baseball!
NW Board of Directors
North Wake County Baseball Association
[ 3/16/20 ]
Based on all the information available and per the recommendations set forth by the NC DHHS and CDC, NWCBA is postponing all activities at this time. Our primary concern as an organization is the care for our people and the community in which we live.
Effective today, Monday, March 16, 2020, North Wake County Baseball Association will suspend all activities until Monday, March 30, 2020. This includes all practices and games for our entire organization - all Recreation and Travel baseball teams across all ages. Our Board of Directors will continue to monitor the situation and will communicate updates as conditions change and improve.
We highly value our NW family and friends and getting back to baseball will be our top priority as we collectively endure this tough and unprecedented time. Please be patient as we work through this together!
Again, NWCBA FIELDS AND BATTING CAGES ARE CLOSED FOR ALL TEAMS until March 30, 2020 effective immediately.
NWCBA President representing the NWCBA Board of Directors
[ 3/13/20 ]
North Wake Families,
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) continues to be a cause for concern for people locally and across the globe. The health and safety of our players, coaches, families, and friends come first, and we are monitoring and staying current with the ongoing updates.
We plan to continue to operate our league as normal as possible until further notice. We want to arm our families with information on the Coronavirus and how to prepare our Factory home so we can continue to play safely. If you are uncomfortable in participating, please communicate with your head coach.
As we continue to experience concerns regarding COVID-19 and the ongoing flu season, we recommend everyone follow the CDC recommendations for everyday preventive actions to help mitigate risks (e.g., frequently washing hands with soap and water, proper coughing/sneezing hygiene, disinfecting, etc.).
• Symptoms of coronavirus Click to see symptoms from CDC.GOV
• Stigma & Resilience from the CDC here
At NWCBA, we will be implementing additional recommendations in our everyday activity to help reduce risks. Additionally, each team must adopt the USSSA “No Contact/No Handshake” Rule.
In following USSSA's lead, NWCBA is immediately adopting the precautionary “no-contact, no-handshake policy” to be observed at every level of the organization until further notice. This includes all physical contact and extends to customary game-related activities, such as pre-game coaches’ handshakes, umpire-coach introductions, and post-game handshakes between members of opposing teams. Instead, staff, players and coaches should use verbal queues, such as saying “good game,” without shaking hands, high-fiving or fist-bumping.
Should you or your family experience flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing), please seek a medical evaluation. The NC Department of Health & Human Services outlines additional recommendations if you are sick and the proper pathway to report any potential exposure to COVID-19.
If you have any other concerns, please communicate to our
We are aware that a state of emergency was declared in NC, and we will continue to work with our local partners, government agencies, and available resources to monitor any developments, and we will provide updates as necessary.
- We recommend all players, coaches, trainers, and other team personnel wash their hands or sanitize prior to practice/games/treatment/etc.
- Water and drink bottles should not be shared.
- Gear will not be shared (catchers gear, helmets, bats) If you will need addtional helmets/gear, contact our league admin to arrange to pick up what you need.
- The water fountains in the pavilion area will not be available for the time being to help prevent any germ spreading.
- Concession employees will adhere to health and safety practices as mandated/instructed by the health department. We assure you that all safety measures are in place.
- Pre-/Post-game handshakes should not be required or encouraged between teams, officials, etc.; sportsmanship can be shared in other ways (verbally; clapping/cheering for the other team; NO fist bumps).
- If you are sick, please take the necessary steps to remove yourself from practice, games, etc. Err on the side of not attending games or practices.
- If your team members are traveling, we encourage you to explore trip insurance or stay up to date on any CDC travel advisories in the event developments occur in your destination.
North Wake County Baseball Association